Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Work

I heard an inspiring interview on NPR this morning. A Rhodes Scholar and author, Wes Moore, spoke on the changes being proposed in our health care reform, and the way that those changes can create a potential trend in our young nation to grow and thrive the way that other, more developed and creative nations are doing today. What was really interesting to me was listening to his transition from the topic of our national policy to the subject matter which he obviously holds so dearly, which is the work we do and how we do it.

His book, "Looking For Work That Matters" is one I will be reading soon, but a good excerpt is found here.

I was moved by a particular thing he said in the interview, and which speaks volumes to me and I think to so many people I know; "As you think about what it is that you're supposed to accomplish and how you think about your life, the goal is never to be extraordinarily ordinary...the goal is to capture what it is that makes you special."


Word.


I'm still on the hunt. I think that's the point.

No comments: