Sunday, February 9, 2014

2.9.14 - Local Art Scene Get's Blogger's Attention!

Bathed in Sunshine, Covered in Dust. 

This opening at the Holland project, coupled with an artist and audience interactive dialogue, was a great step towards the realization of Reno's up and coming art scene. Contemporaries of our area in several mediums, sharing some amazing pieces, and interactive performance. A few of the highlights included Kaitlyn Bryson, Ahren Hertel, Jaxon Northon, Omar Allen Pierce, and several others, who's names, unfortunately, escape me right this second. 

But is was an honor and a privilege to be able to witness these amazingly talented people in the same place at the same time, and I feel so lucky to have been there to celebrate with them on what I now understand is quite a cool accomplishment. It has inspired me to step up my game in support of the local arts. I feel privileged to be able to do so. 











No comments: