Wednesday, January 8, 2014

1.8.14

Don't stop, get it, get it.

This day is flying, but for some reason, I am still breathing, alive and energetic, and it's not even the afternoon yet. I'm kind of surprised, seeing as how, for the I-don't-know-how-many-nights-in-a-row I have still not been able to get much sleep at all. Plenty of time to sleep when we're dead, right?

I had a great time after work coaching my little basketball team at the Boys' and Girls' Club last night...trying to teach them little things like pass and screen away is even a challenge, as so many of them have literally never been on the court before, but that's OK...I have Sean there picking up slack and helping everyone learn. He could easily be on the Ballers program this year, but we both agreed that based on my apprehension about the coaching integrity with them, and his desire just to play ball no matter where or with who at his age...that we were just going to take it weary this season and help out some newbies learn the game. He is serious, too...that's not a joke and his empathy blows me away every single day.


And then this morning, I had a long overdue coffee with my Uncle Mark. His love and wisdom is such a gift. I dumped a little bit, and feel a little selfish, but he listens and cares, and hits me back with real world tough love shit, which I NEED. Thanks, dude. Life is good.

No comments: