Monday, August 27, 2012

It's still a great day

Today hasn't been the best Monday in recent history. I'm not going to start a rant or whine about it too much, but let's just say that I feel two steps backwards from when I walked through the door this morning.

It happens.

But having just got the news that Mark and Aly welcomed their son, Enzo into the world today, I can't help but feel how lucky I am to be a part of this beautiful world, and I can't help but reflect on the speed with which the best parts fly by us all. Just this morning, I dropped a 1st and a 3rd grader off for their first day of the school year, knowing how lucky I am to have such amazing children, and how lucky we all are to have such a warmly woven blanket of family and friendship around us all.

And when the day seems to have gotten the better of me for a minute this evening, and I'm packing up to go home earlier than normal, I only need look at the picture of these beauties, so big now, despite my demands on them to just slow it down a little bit, please...and I know that whatever sucks today will fly by equally as fast, I'm sure. Best to dwell in the little pieces of joy that surround, and blog about that, right!?

Love you all.



3 comments:

Ellen said...

Love love love

Ellen said...

Love love love these two

mohap247 said...

Love it! You are a truly blessed man with those precious kiddos and I am very happy to call you my brother. Love you Bri. What a great post :)