Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hey old friend...

 Fila Brazillia - Nutty Slack by danhend00


It's been a long time.

My GOD how life has changed over the years. How amazing and tragic and full of color and darkness this journey has been so far. You were there for me early on, for those first steps. You taught me to stand on my own. You laughed and made me cry with laughter. We were in those moments so very funny and free. I looked out to the fire scorched horizon and saw the same sky that you saw. When you weren't there it made me think of you and feel a bigger connection just knowing you saw the same sky. What an amazing connection...to look as far as the eye can see and find the things that are the closest. To feel that love for another from within. To love the world and myself and you, my friend, for being a part of it all.

To put perspective on memories is both beautiful and sad, and like the song, pulls on a deeper truth and awareness that some things are gone and there is no promise of what lies ahead.

Damn, sometimes a song has a way of stirring it up.

Never know when that's going to happen.

That's what makes it so cool, I guess.

1 comment:

mohap247 said...

Your raw talent for professing your love and putting it into words never ceases to amaze me.