Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Eat the bear

I'm sitting with my bookkeeper, wrapping up the year end for twenty-double-ones, and killing time whilst she makes sure all of the numbers line up nicely. Happy to have her on top of it...good advice: always hire a professional, no matter what you are doing.

And since I have a few minutes and I'm thinking about the end of one year, I figured I'd post a quickie about what's to come.

Things.

All I can tell you is that shit will happen in 2012. Some of it will be great, and some of it will no doubt be difficult. I honestly have no idea what to expect, except of course, the unexpected. And I'm getting much better at dealing with just that. I have been working on the game plan for the office, for the businesses, for life in general, and with any luck my prep work will pay off in my ability to deal with whatever adversity awaits me in the coming months. I am focused on being prepared.

I have job descriptions.

I have a budget.

I have a database I am building.


I have spreadsheets.



I have spreadsheets for my spreadsheets.

I have 2 great guys working with me.



I have the air to breathe, my legs to walk on, my eyes to see, my ears to listen with (seriously, I plan on using them, ok?), and so much more that a lot of people have, so if nothing else, I am grateful for it all, and I plan on working with the tools I've been given.


And I have a feeling this is going to be one awesome year. I'm hungry for it.

Game on.

3 comments:

Zack Sheppard said...

"always hire a professional, no matter what you are doing." This is good advice I think and why getting a pro for that WP thing we're discussing might be better. But I can give you advice to make sure you get the right pro.

Ellen said...

as my father would say, "go get 'em tiger"

mohap247 said...

2012. GAME ON
Your words inspired me to be thankful for all that is to come:

"I have the air to breathe, my legs to walk on, my eyes to see, my ears to listen with, and so much more that a lot of people have, so if nothing else, I am grateful for it all, and I plan on working with the tools I've been given."

I like.