Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Stud

I've been pulling late hours, and only breaking off from the grind here and there to charge the batteries in the typical ways. This evening, I was lucky enough to decide to take pause long enough to hit Sean's karate class for a half hour, and my batteries are full again.

This kid is a fucking animal.

I walked in to a class that was based on some aerial training. The class was stacking pads on the ground and lining up to see who could go the highest, by pulling a front flip over the stack and landing on the matt behind them. Visual reference below. Well, as the line thinned out, and Sean was the last little man standing, he kept going higher and higher, only finally (barely) tipping the stack when it reached 7 pads high, and was easily 6 inches taller than him.

Then he put on a clinic based on learning how to do handless cartwheels over the pads on the ground...which he has never tried until tonight.

Dude kills me.

And he does it all with the most joyful, beautiful smile in his heart and on his face.

Love is an understatement. I am in awe.











1 comment:

Erin said...

Absolute. stud. I love that kid. He, at 8 years old completely gets my sense of humor and already has good comebacks. He is going to be a serious kick a$$ ninja.