Saturday, October 1, 2011

I had this dream last night...


...I was on a plane, sitting in the back with my Grandma Egan. We were coming back to Reno from somewhere far away, and there was supposed to be a connection in Vegas. As we flew in to Sin City, I looked out the window and could only see the very tips of the buildings because there was a thick cloud cover or fog cover over the ground. One building stood out above the rest: it was tall like the Transamerica building, but on the very top sat a large, ornate castle.. All of the sudden, instead of descending and landing, the plane started to climb steeply and bank into the ascent. I figured that the cover meant that we couldn't land in Vegas, and that there must be enough fuel to just go straight to Reno and not deal with it. I turned away from the window to talk to Grandma, and to my joyous surprise, Grandpa was sitting next to her. His arm was around her and she was snuggled up against him and smiling and they were both so very happy. It was the kind of happiness and joy that dances with an emotional bend in my earliest childhood memories. He told her "I love you" and she told him "I love you" back and they kissed and smiled and continued to sit together as the plane continued to climb.

The dream changed direction, and I was back to earth again, grounded, working, battling. But that's a whole different story, and I just thought I would share the happier moments of what I got into last night.



3 comments:

mohap247 said...

AWESOME dream. I love that Bri.How wonderful!

Erin said...

That dream made me cry.

storylady said...

That was such a sweet dream.