Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Growing

I realize the last post may have sounded down, or pitiful, or sad...mostly because it was.

But like I said, I don't waste too much time in that head space. Thanks for the comments. Thanks also for simply reading.

Today is a new day, ripe with the pain and potential of growth. I think somebody upstairs has heard me, and I've spent the better part of the day working on two important pieces to the puzzle that is my career. One was new business, which isn't a sure thing...it never is in this game. It's high stakes, eat what you kill, and cutthroat...and that's keeping it light. But being in the mix today, having the rush of the possibility, thinking about the potential...that's really what I like about it all. No matter what comes of it, I will not leave any angle unconsidered, and I will make sure everyone I work with knows that they are dealing with a professional that takes it serious. It is. It always comes down to my family, and this is what I do to provide.

I had that conversation with another person in my field this morning...about taking care of family, and how they provide us with the will, the desire, and the fuel to step up and take the risk and do what it takes day in and day out. This person, coincidentally, was piece number two to the puzzle. This person is someone with whom I share a lot of viewpoints with about the industry we both work in, about family and the priority they have, and about character and integrity. This person is someone I want on my team, and this person wants the same. More to come soon...but the wheel is in motion, and the future is again full of change and promise.

Growth comes in many shapes and sizes, but along with it is the inevitability of change. If nothing else, I am learning how to adapt these days, and I like the way this change is going.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like goodness is headed your way!

mohap247 said...

Pleased to hear it Bri. Love you...

storylady said...

Wow. That's sounded so encouraging.