Sunday, February 20, 2011

Man Maker

Nothing like having your arms turn to jelly in front of your 7-year-old son, (prior to the end of the workout), to humble you. But that's what happened at Willie's House of Pain today. Might have been the progression of 100 straight-leg sit ups to 90 push-ups to 80 medicine ball squat jump shots to 70 v-up sit-ups to 60 mat-jumps to 50 ring push-ups to 40 gladiator dumbbell push ups...to crash. Literally. On my face. Couldn't DO another push up much less the dumbbell extension arm lift finish. WTF? And Sean was with me, and he happened to do the workout with me, and yes, he beat me on the sit ups in the beginning.


I can already see Willie bringing his little tot Cruze in at about age 3. And he'll probably beat me, too. Thanks, Willie, for letting Sean tag along. I figured that a Sunday would be slow enough to keep him out of the way. And it's good to have the little man along for the ride today...we're going to show a couple of apartments now, then eat, and then go finish chainsawing the tree in my front yard that crashed down on my house much like the demon from Paranormal Activity at about 4am Saturday morning.


I think we're going to need some Old Granite Street protein prior to finishing off that tree. The way my arms are feeling right now, I might have a 7-year-old wielding a chainsaw in my front yard in about 5-4-3-2....


No comments: