Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Evidence


When I was growing up, and would visit my grandma's house on San Juan, I remember a plaque sitting on the windowsill of her kitchen. It said "I believe in God because of rainbows." I bet she still has it to this day. That's cool. I actually heard that rainbows are created by light refraction from drops of water in the distant sky. But I'm not about to burst her bubble on that one, and not just because she's 91 now, but because I get it.

I believe in God because of the way my kids dance and laugh. Whatever you want to call "God", that force, or whatever it is...a topic for another blog post for sure...that It is there, and It let's me know everything is OK because of the way my kids laugh and dance and are so fucking happy.
Tell me different. I dare you.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Children give the "eyes" to see His work.

Megan said...

I have never even actually "met" your kids, and they make my heart happy. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

There's that WORD again! I'm going to have to wash your mouth out with soap, Brian Patrick Egan! - your mother

Anonymous said...

f- fornication
u-under
c-concent
(of the)
k-king

I do not get how your kids laughing and dancing can make you feel this way.
-your sister

Brian said...

Mom...you think they don't drop F Bombs in clown school?

Megan- Thank you.

Sis- Way out of context and a little weird. Nice try at being witty, but at your own expense, I think we can all see. You're better than that. For fuck's sake.